Aggressive El Paso Personal Injury Attorneys Pursue Full Compensation
Experienced and knowledgeable trial lawyers fight to protect your rights
In any city of around 670,000 people, serious accidents are bound to happen. But El Paso also has the distinction of being a significant border town for international trade and is home to a substantial military base, so there are plenty of opportunities for auto accidents, truck accidents, and slip and fall accidents to occur. If you are seriously hurt, you need skilled and determined legal representation to pursue the compensation you deserve. While you recover from your injuries, Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, PLLC can manage your accident claim, putting our substantial knowledge to work for you.
Skilled personal injury case management in El Paso and throughout Texas
Most accident claims evolve into a battle between an injured party and an insurance company contracted to defend and indemnify the defendant. When that happens, the fight becomes pretty lopsided, as highly trained and experienced attorneys for the insurance company do whatever it takes to reduce the amount of money the company has to pay the injured party. To level the playing field, an injured party must retain skilled and knowledgeable representation. At Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, our lawyers provide determined assistance for victims of:
- Auto accidents — The rapid growth of El Paso has made driving chaotic. Crashes regularly occur at busy intersections such as Joe Battle Blvd. and Edgemere Blvd., and Joe Battle Blvd. and Montwood Drive. Gateway East, Gateway North, and Gateway West boulevards also see their share of auto accidents. Wherever your crash occurs, our legal team responds quickly and begins working to build a strong case for relief.
- Commercial truck accidents — A semi-truck accident can cause widespread property damage, catastrophic injuries and death. Truck accidents can be very complicated legally, because insurers for the trucking companies defend against claims vigorously. In addition, many commercial trucks enter the United States from Mexico via Route 45 in central El Paso. When a Mexican truck is involved in an accident, there’s an extra level of complexity to the case.
- Slip and fall accidents — Landlords have a duty to make their premises reasonably safe for guests. However, unseen hazards are a major cause of accidents in restaurants, parking facilities, supermarkets, malls, and other venues that attract consumers. These cases can be difficult to prove despite a victim’s serious, debilitating injuries. Also, if you happen to slip and fall on public property, there are special rules with fast-approaching deadlines you must observe or lose your right to sue.
Your personal injury claim may seem straightforward to you, and the defendant’s insurance company may seem very reasonable and concerned at first. But we can assure you, as time goes on, you’ll realize you are in a tough fight. It’s better to begin that fight now with an experienced attorney than to wait until it might be too late for even the best lawyer to build a strong case.
Comprehensive defense against felony and misdemeanor charges
When you are charged with a crime in the state of Texas, it’s important to seek the representation of a criminal defense lawyer who has extensive courtroom experience. At Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, PLLC, our attorneys know how the lawyers on the other side of the legal system think. This experience is invaluable as we work on your defense strategy. We are ready to defend your constitutional rights against criminal charges throughout El Paso County, including:
- Drug crimes — Depending on the severity of your case, a drug crime charge can be considered a felony or misdemeanor in the eyes of the court. No matter how serious the charges against you, our firm advocates for your rights in court to help you reach a positive resolution.
- DWI — Being charged with a DWI can have a devastating impact on an individual’s personal and professional life, especially with the threat of heavy fines and lengthy license suspensions looming. In some cases, a DWI can be considered a felony if a person caused bodily harm or death while behind the wheel. Our firm defends the rights of clients against DWI charges no matter what the circumstances. We work to get the charges reduced or thrown out altogether, depending on the evidence against you.
- Felony crimes — A felony crime is the most serious offense you can be charged with and can include acts such as assault (family violence), aggravated assault and murder. The penalties can range from crippling fines to lengthy prison sentences, including life in prison. Our firm stands by your side from the beginning of your case to the end to make sure your rights are protected in court.
- Sex crimes — Our office handles a range of sex crime cases for clients, such as assault, rape and indecent exposure.
- Theft — If you have been charged with any type of theft crime, including shoplifting, robbery and burglary, our firm is equipped to defend you in court.
If you’ve been arrested, you face an ordeal that could strip you of your liberty for years to come. Trust your case only to a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney.
Get effective personal injury or criminal defense representation today
If you have suffered a serious personal injury or have been charged with a crime in El Paso County, Texas, reach out to Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, PLLC. Call us today at 915-201-0590 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation for your case. We also make night and weekend appointments when necessary.