An arrest or even accusations that you have committed a crime will threaten your future. Everything you have worked so hard to accomplish in your personal and professional life will be on the line, and the final outcome of your case will come down to the competence of your legal representation. Though you have constitutional rights, these are not automatically and fully observed by all law enforcement personnel and prosecutors. These people will be looking to put you behind bars, using the legal system against you however they can. You need a lawyer of your own to counter these efforts and fight for your future.
We Can Provide the Aggressive Defense You Deserve
At Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, PLLC, we are committed to upholding the rights of clients across Texas and New Mexico who have found themselves facing criminal charges, investigations, or arrests. Our El Paso criminal defense attorneys are highly experienced in felony and misdemeanor cases and can represent clients in state and federal court. Our managing partner, Bill Hicks, is a former judge and prosecutor who has a unique perspective of criminal proceedings from behind the bench and the “other side.” This gives him a distinct and invaluable edge in court, not to mention the immediate respect of all court personnel and even the prosecution.
Find out how we can defend your interests – call (915) 206-5154 for a free case evaluation.
Building a Compelling Defense Against Misdemeanor & Felony Charges
Our El Paso criminal defense lawyers are ready to defend your constitutional rights against any type of criminal charge, including:
- Felony Crimes: A felony is the most serious offense you can be charged with and can include acts such as assault, arson, and murder. The penalties can range from crippling fines to lengthy prison sentences, including life in prison. Our firm stands by your side from the beginning of your case to the end to make sure your rights are protected in court.
- DWI (Driving While Intoxicated): Being charged with DWI can have a devastating impact your life, especially with the threat of heavy fines and a lengthy license suspension. In some cases, DWI can be considered a felony if a person caused bodily harm or death while behind the wheel. Our firm defends the rights of clients against DWI charges, no matter the circumstances. We work to get such charges reduced or thrown out altogether, depending on the evidence at hand.
- Traffic Violations: If you have been charged with a traffic violation, you may not feel the need to hire an attorney. However, traffic violation charges can carry heavy fines and license suspension. Some, such as leaving the scene of an accident, are considered criminal offenses. Our firm can help get your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Drug Crimes: Depending on the severity of your case, a drug charge can be considered a felony or misdemeanor in the eyes of the court. No matter how serious the charges, our firm fights for your rights in court to seek a positive resolution.
- Theft: If you have been charged with any type of theft crime, including shoplifting, robbery, or burglary, our firm is well-equipped to defend you in court.
- Sex Crimes: Our office handles a range of sex crime cases for clients, such as assault, rape, and indecent exposure. Our meticulous preparation and aggressive defense of our clients’ rights serve invaluable in these sensitive matters.
Serving the Criminally Accused in New Mexico & Texas
Do not take any chances with your legal counsel if you are facing criminal charges. Put a team on your side that has the reputation, resources, know-how, and drive to secure the best possible result – no matter the circumstances surrounding your charges or the odds against you. At Ortega, McGlashan, Hicks & Perez, PLLC, you can count on our complete commitment to your case.
Call our offices at (915) 206-5154 today to learn more about your rights and how we can help.